OSTC Update April 7-10
We challenge everyone to ride the trolley downtown this one of the biggest weekends of the year downtown!
There is something for all ages and interests. Most of it is FREE. It is a celebration of Mobile Bay and Southern music, art, food, drink, and tech – but mostly of Downtown Mobile. It is a collective effort of many Mobile area non-profit organizations and business.
In addition to free music in Cathedral Square on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, other FREE EVENTS going on include:
Friday, April 8th
- April LoDa Artwalk (“the biggest of the year”), 6-9pm
- SouthSounds Music Festival, 6-9pm, Cathedral Square
- Engaging the Next Generation Non-Profit Fair, 6-8pm, Bienville Square
- SouthSounds Food Truck Fair, 6-8pm, Bienville Square
Saturday, April 9th
- SouthSounds Art Market, 11am-7pm, Cathedral Square
- SouthSounds Music Festival / Lagniappe Mobile Bay Showcase, 12-7pm, Cathedral Square
- LoDa Square Sidewalk Art Competition, 11am-4pm, Cathedral Square
- SouthSounds Podcast LIVE Conference, 2pm-6:30pm, Mobile Arts Council
Sunday, April 10th
- SouthSounds Art Market, 11am-6pm, Cathedral Square
- SouthSounds Music Festival / Lagniappe New Southern Showcase, 12-6pm, Cathedral Square
- Sidewalk Snapshots, 12-3pm, Alabama Contemporary Art Center
Some of the South’s best bands will be playing for free in Cathedral Square on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday in the Lagniappe Mobile Bay & New Southern Music Showcases. Also – one $25 wristband will get you into nine different paid music venues (including Callaghan’s, O’Daly’s, Brickyard and others) on all three nights. VIP wristbands are also available. These wristbands are available at all venues and online at www.southsoundsfest.com.
In addition to the regular route, the trolley will be carrying our members as well as the SouthSounds VIPs between the participating venues this weekend.
Thursday, April 7th: Regular Route (Wesley: 251-605-0821)
Friday, April 8th: Regular Route (Jerry: 251-459-2321)
Saturday, April 9th: Regular Route (Melvin: 251-545-0649)